Sunday, August 22, 2010

Encounters with Kosha Mangsho!!

As a bong i am a complete foodie!! Love Ma r ranna, I had always wondered what magic she does specially with rui (rohu), ilish, pabda and not to forget my favorite chingdi (prawns) and all other fishes (cant remember the names now) , but I felt really proud the day when my Ma said she loved kosha mangsho which i made some days ago........
10th August was my Ma Baba r marriage anniversary, Me and my assistant aka my gundi aka my sis were planning from a week. Everything was perfect except one call the day before ruined everything. My folk's got an appointment ( baba with an endocrinologist and ma with an ophthalmologist) on 10th evening.
I hopelessly urged my Baba to postpone the appointment but all went in vain.....
So finally me and my sis decided that she will decorate the place and I'll cook the dinner while my folks were out to see the doctor. While coming back home in evening i bought 1kg patha (Indian mutton) , i knew the recipe but never tried it alone, so for improvisation i googled!!! ( If this would have been a chat with someone i would have surely written LOL)
Got so many results made me real confused!! Time was running out!! Putting the volume of the sound system to highest level and letting the woofer scream and my sis dancing in drawing room I started off.........
Washing, Cutting, Marinating, Mixing, Final touches made...... Kosha mangsho was far from just a blow of whistle!! Oops I also had to make fried rice and only half n hour left!!! Rushed the vegetables, rice, spices in cooker and kept it on burner.
Initially reluctant and unsure to taste the mutton I wondered whether this will turn out at least edible or not but when the aroma of the flavors flowed to the other room it allured my sis to the kitchen!! She pleaded to taste it, but in return i asked her to help me do the dishes!!
Well in the end Ma Baba really loved it!! I can never match my Ma's level of cooking but certainly can set my own mark and create magic just as my Ma!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little confused about!
    Are u the one who studied in KV Rajkot with sandeep and shishir and I guess your dad's in IOCL
    If you remember I am shishir's friend.

    ReplyDelete